the face behind @80s90svibes


What's your name?
Kamila Kasandra Abramczyk.

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
Well, surprisingly I always had a passion for 80s/90s and older eras. I first started obsessing over 20s-60s but I figured the account would be all over the place so I stuck to 70s/80s and 90s. I wanted to start sharing my love for them and made this account sharing rare pictures/videos and my knowledge with people that were also interested.

What is your most pronounced characteristic? 
Hmm... I'm quite stubborn and I guess 'mysterious' to some. 

Where would you like to live?
Most definitely America. I honestly feel like there are so many opportunities for me there from education to jobs and also, it's a beautiful place.

What is your dream occupation? 
Growing up I dreamed of being an actress and/or comedian, which is the same to this day. I love love LOVE making people laugh, it brings me happiness. When the spotlight is on me I feel amazing, I'm finally myself but a different person on stage. I also play football, ice hockey and basketball, maybe I will be able to multitask everything haha. 

What is your greatest indulgence? 
Gosh I genuinely don't know, honestly depends on my mood. Right now I would say a book and hot chocolate since it's raining and I'm in a super cosy mood. See? I'm weird. 

Which historical figure do you most admire?
I would say Marilyn Monroe. I admired her loads when I was younger, I was so obsessed. I had photos, blankets and pillows with her face on them because, damn, she was truly beautiful. So, yes, I would say Monroe. She was herself and loved by many. I wish that in today's society there were more models and actresses like Marilyn, attitude and looks wise. 

How would you describe your style?
Once again, depends on my mood. My wardrobe is all over the place. Sometimes it's like I've stepped out of a grunge Instagram account and other times out of a Dolly Parton concert... or I'm just in leggings and oversized hoodies.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Self positivity and love (still trying to get there though,) also, just being with people I love and doing something that makes me happy. I have these random bursts of happiness just thinking about getting home after a hard day and getting cosy, reading a book and listening to music.  

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?
Honestly no and that's the fun in life, like, whatever happens happens you know? I just hope I will be truly happy with or without someone. 

What’s something you own that you truly cherish?
If I said memories would that be cliche? Because, yes, mostly probably memories. 

Any last words for your Instagram followers?
Okay, hey, hi! I genuinely love y'all. You all make me happy and I love interacting with each and every one of you. Whenever you read this I hope you have/had a great day.

- as told to @youxthculture (minor edits)



photos courtesy of @80s90svibes

Comments