the face behind @velvetcoke



What made you venture into the Instagram world?

It was really random actually, I was just bored one afternoon in July 2016 and I decided to create a moodboard of musicians and movies I like because I love the 70s-90s and everything that was happening so much. The first photo I posted was Drew Barrymore in Poison Ivy that made it to the explore page and everyone loved it. And for some reason more and more people started following me. Never expected all of this. 

What is your most pronounced characteristic?

I don't know. It's up to other people. Some people say my style. Some say that I'm straight forward/outspoken. Some say my humor or friendliness, I always make jokes. Some say being mysterious. I really have no idea.

Where would you like to live?

I've been to some of the most beautiful places and they were all great experiences and all unique. It's difficult to pick just one. However, I'm really all for big crowded cities. 

What is your dream occupation?

I've always thought being an actress is wonderful. But I don't think I could actually do it. 

What is your greatest indulgence?

Small things such as music, rain, taking baths, eating, taking long walks, painting my nails, movies and jewelry. 

Which historical figure do you most identify with?

Axl is definitely somebody I admire and love the most like no one else. I identify with a lot of the things he said. All the music he created and stuff he did. In general, his whole wild life with ups and downs is amazing and I think he was pretty real and straight forward even if he made mistakes, like all of us, I understand him almost completely. Then again, with more sides of me there are definitely a lot of other people that I see myself in. 

Which living person do you most admire?

In general, rockstars are my biggest obsession, especially Axl, Baz, Nikki, Tommy, Paul S., Gene, Plant, Page, Mick, Manson, Ozzy, Brian and Bob... They were just living their lives to the fullest, saying things others weren't brave enough for. They were creating brilliant music. They were partying hard non stop. Sure there's a lot of bad things not many people know about but it's about taking risks, nothing's perfect. 

How would you describe your style?

It's really influenced by rock. I've always wanted to succeed with the rock chick look but that's not quite what it turns out to be... I normally wear ripped jeans, band tees, a choker, my leather jackets that I collect, jewelry, especially lots of ear piercings, long red nails, my Doc Martens, sometimes little wallet chains and stuff. 

What is your idea of perfect happiness? 

I don't think anything perfect exists, but for me, something close would be feeling good in your skin, doing what you love and enjoying your favorite lifestyle and ignoring negativity.

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?

No, everything is so unpredictable with me. 

What's something you that you truly cherish?

Well, I have some things that are connected with great memories, mostly gifts. I love my jewelry collection too.

Any last words for you Instagram followers?

You're seriously the best, so many sweet comments and messages, thanks! I'm here if you need help. Be honest and kind, don't give a fuck about what somebody else says about you and keep going. 

- as told to @youxthculture 






Comments