the face behind @katherinerizos


What's your name?
Katherine Rizos.

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
I was around 15 when I created my Instagram account. It was purely to draw inspiration, create memories and share images/experiences with all my friends. It was cool when people I didn't know started to follow me. Now I do it for all those reasons, but also to express myself, style and lifestyle.

What is your most pronounced characteristic?
Can I have two? Honest and fun.


Where would you like to live?
Somewhere in Europe for sure. Perhaps Scandinavia. But for the meantime, Australia isn't so bad.

How would you describe living in Melbourne?
I always complain about living in Melbourne, I think because I've lived here my whole life. In saying that... it's pretty damn good. There is something for everyone here.

What is your dream occupation?
I have no idea. Still trying to figure it out. Ultimately I want to be my own boss, with whatever I choose to do.


What is your greatest indulgence?
Red wine and French fries. They're not so much of an indulgence anymore... more so apart of my everyday diet.

How would you describe your style? 
I always find it difficult to answer this question. My style is constantly changing, I honestly think it's mood dependent. If I had to choose 3 words to describe it - comfortable, edgy and structured.


Can you name 5 brands that you love?
Acne Studios
Balenciaga
CĂ©line
RĂ©alisation Par - the first brand to get a flirty summer dress right
Proenza Schouler

Who is your style icon?
I don't have a 'style icon' as such. I draw my style inspiration from the people around me. Whether it's a stranger on the street, magazines or a close friend.


Do you have a signature scent?
Not a signature scent. Although I recently picked up the eau de parfum BAL D'AFRIQUE by BYREDO and I think I'll be using this one for a while.

What's something you own that you truly cherish?
Materialistically speaking? I received a Cartier bracelet for my 21st birthday from my mum that I have wanted for years. Also, the very first Acne leather jacket I saved up for and purchased. Both items are super sentimental to me.


What is your idea of perfect happiness?
To always be motivated, to be successful in whatever I choose to do, to be healthy and to be surrounded by genuine people. And to be in love.

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?
Absolutely not. My life is continuously changing. I couldn't even predict what the next week will bring, let alone in a years time!


QUICKFIRE

Leather or lace?
Leather on the top and lace underneath.

Summer or winter?
Summer for the sun and winter for the clothes.

Blair or Serena? 
Blair - everyone loves a good bitch.

Heels or flats? 
Flats.

Vintage or Ready-to-wear?
Both - worn at the same time.

Fitted or flared?
Fitted.

Gucci or Louis Vuitton?
Louis Vuitton.

YouTube, Tumblr or Instagram?
Instagram because it combines all three. But at the moment YouTube. Since starting my YT channel (Katherine Rizos) I've found so much enjoyment in creating small snippets of my life with my friends.


And finally, any last words for your Instagram followers?
Stop comparing yourself to people over social media.

- as told to @youxthculture





photos courtesy of @katherinerizos

Comments