the face behind @urbansocietyy


What's your name?
Natasha, sometimes Anastasia.

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
I fell in love with the aesthetic. My camera roll was full of hundreds of images I'd found/taken and I thought how could I display these for other people to see and fall in love with themselves? Then I found Instagram and Urban Society was born.

Where would you like to live?
Everywhere. I want to travel someday. Even it's for 3 weeks, 3 months or even 3 years, I want to have lived everywhere. But if by "live" you mean settle, after having seen the world, I'd love to live in an apartment somewhere in New York City or maybe a villa in the heart of Venice.

What is your dream occupation?
I'm not 100% fixed to a dream occupation and it's okay to not know exactly what you want to do. But I like writing, I like music, I love exploring different cultures. So many career paths which could ignite from each one. However, I've always wanted to work in the fashion industry, somewhere in fashion journalism. Concept; sitting on a dusty, red velvet couch in my luxurious crimson office in the heart of Paris flicking through that months latest issue of Vogue, edited by me. You gotta keep dreaming.

What is your greatest indulgence?
Music. I'm always with one earphone in raving in my head. But I especially love live music. I go to a lot of gigs, catching train after train to see my favorite bands. It's a weird feeling being surrounded by all those strangers who, in that moment, you feel you've known forever (even though you get covered in their beer.) Everyone's connected by the music and you can't help but indulge in every lyric.

How would you describe your style?
Shoes. I love shoes. Heels, trainers, loafers, boots, you name it. I also have an obsession with jackets. In my opinion, these two elements complete an outfit. I don't think I have one particular style. My winter outfits could be fur jackets and cigarette trousers one day or a comfy hoodie and jeans the next.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
My idea of perfect happiness is simply just being comfortable with your life. Being able to live with an excitement for each day, waking up excited to live the day ahead next to the people you love. That's when I'll know I'm living in perfect happiness; when everyday's a new adventure.

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?
I don't look into the future in much detail, I have idea of where I want to go and what I have to do to get there but it's important to live in the now because anything could happen. But, I have exams coming up so let's all pray I get straight A's, or at least a pass would be nice.

What's something you truly cherish?
I know this sounds cliche but being with my friends and family. They are the moments I cherish with the people I cherish.

Any last words for your Instagram followers?
I love you all, thank you so much for following my account and being so active. You guys make my day with all the comments you leave and dms you send. I do try and answer all dms but if I don't then keep spamming until I see it!! When I started the account had no idea that there would be so many of you, I enjoy posting and hopefully some exciting things will be happening soon :) And, by the way, for those asking I use the app Afterlight to edit my pictures!!

- as told to @youxthculture






Comments