the face behind @vulgarartist




What's your name?
My name is Inez :)

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
Well I joined when I was younger but it was a personal to just share pictures of my life with friends. I decided to make this account after a pretty horrendous relationship I was in ended. It was a space where I would feel sexy and be open about my sexuality. I felt most powerful when I was able to express my sexuality and in most relationships I've been pushed to be ashamed of how I felt about my sexuality.

What is your most pronounced characteristic?
I'm extremely stubborn which can be a good and a bad thing at times, I like it though, makes me get work done when it needs to be.

Where would you like to live?
I'd love to live in America but I can't go there for a while to due family being undocumented etc etc Trump blah blah blah all that bullshit.

What is your dream occupation?
Dream occupation is owning my own business being a nail tech. I used to want to be an artist but I knew it wasn't the right industry for me... They are all a little too... egotistical for my liking. So, I hope to be able to combine my love for nails with art one day😊


What is your greatest indulgence?
Hmmm... I want to say two things; getting tattoos fill my soul, I feel I become more and more of who I am with each one I get! But also chocolate and anything sweet is a great indulgence for me.

Which historical figure do you most admire?
Don't really have one!

Which living person do you most identify with?
Lady Gaga, since I was young I've always been able to identify with her, specially when I was getting bullied in high school she was my savior. She's a very strong woman.

How would you describe your style?
Whatever fits me in the right places works. Don't really have a style. I jump from a lass looking dickhead one night to jeans and a t-shirt to bandana wearing fluffy shoes. I don't really care as long as I feel comfortable!


What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Great health, enough money to support myself and happy and healthy friends and family is what I believe is happiness!

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?
Hopefully finishing up a beauty course and developing my own business. Just being a happy bunny!

What's something you own that you truly cherish?
I have a necklace that I've worn everyday for the past 5-6 years, it's a tiny gold chain, my mother bought it for me when I made it through a month of eating just pureed boiled carrots and chicken when I was really sick and couldn't keep down any foods due to health issues. The diet helped but it was not a nice time in my life. The necklace reminds of how strong I have the ability to be.


What's it like living in Melbourne?
I fucking LOVE it here. It's nice that everyone knows everyone... sometimes but overall such an artistic community and such real souls here! MELBOURNE GIVES ME LIFE.

What do you think about the Instagram world and the false ideals and expectations it inflcit upon young women?
I think the Instagram world is very very fake, nothing is real, it's all smoke and mirrors. The false ideal and expectations it inflicts upon young women is such a big topic and makes me so frustrated that I don't even know where to begin with it nor do I know where I fully stand with it. It's not a subject I've thought about recently and I don't want to make a stance about it without educating myself first!

Which is your favorite tattoo?
Ah, hard to say as much as I love the dragon on my back I hardly ever get to see it or show it off so for ones I get to see all the time I think the "KP" on my hand, which is my parents initials.


How did you learn to embrace your body as it is?
I didn't really, it's such a long story. But short version is I was recovering from my eating disorder and wa gaining weight... the boys at my school started to see me as sexy and I totally embraced it and took it away from them hahaha. But now I'm a sexy mf sex goddess who sucks dick like a kween, but really to have the power to make a guy jizz his pants just by looking at you is so crazy.

What's your number one tip to improve ones self confidence?
Fake it till you make it. I always tell this to women and men who message me asking for tips on how they can love themselves more. You have to act like you love yourself, breath, life you, love yourself and EAT like you love yourself. Then you slowly start to love yourself. It's the one thing that saves me everytime I go through a relapse period (a few times a year unfortunately) with my eating disorder. I'll say something horrible about my body while looking at it and catch myself, I then stop and say it's okay that I said that but I didn't mean it and I'll try look myself in a more positive way next time. It's all about not beating yourself down every time you fuck up.


What's your go to Instagram pose?
Alright, so friend brings out her phone and I look like death what do I do? Instantly look at the floor so you can't see the dark Prada bags hanging under my eyes and a smile is always a good go for me. But body wise just a hand on the leg type of gal really.

Any last words for your Instagram followers?
Learn to be happy within yourself and by yourself. It's such a wonderful feeling to be able to go through life as a young adult and not "need" anyone to tell you they love you and make you feel wanted wanted. I think it's so important.

- as told to @youxthculture








Comments