@youxthculture by @90smilk


For those who can't read the annoying title font: @youxthculture by @90smilk 

What's your name?
Bella.

Where are you from?
Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia.

What inspired you to create your Instagram account?
God I have no idea! I guess I had a lot of creative energy that I struggled to express. I'm pretty shit at drawing, painting, singing and other creative outlets but I managed to collect a nice, little library of pictures I liked, so, Instagram it was. (And how glad I am that I stubbled upon this amazing community.)

When you see the world 'beautiful' what do you think of?
A chateau in the French countryside.

What's your favorite song at the moment?
Tomboy - Princess Nokia, These Girls - Sticky Fingers and, I'm happy to admit, every song on Harry Styles's album.

What's your dream occupation?
Actor.

What inspired you to create this blog?
I had wanted to start one for a really long time but had no idea how to begin. Then, one lonely Saturday morning I had the idea of interviewing cool accounts on Instagram and voila! It really was that simple. I managed to entwine the concept with my account name (youxthculture), so it seemed a perfect fit.

What are some goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year?
I suck at making goals, even when I make them, I never stick to them. I'd like to say by the end of the year I will have gained some clarity on the direction I want my life to head in. That's so boring and cliche! I'm sorry!

Would you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
Behind that little sucker 100%! I like to be in control and hate seeing myself in photos.

Do you have a favorite book?
No. I love to read but I don't have a favorite, I'm too indecisive for that. I'm currently reading M Train by Patti Smith. It's great, highly recommend.

What is one thing you're really bad at?
Thinking before I speak.

What is one thing you're really good at?
Taking time for myself.

City or countryside?
To live in? City forever and ever and ever!

Last but not least, what's the best advice you can bestow upon someone? 
Learn to love your own company and don't let anyone rain on your parade.

- interview conducted by @90smilk

Comments