the face behind @chalant


What's your name?
Noerine Phebian Gray.

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
At the time I had moved about an hour away from where I used to live and I felt like everything in my life was going so well up until that point. It was difficult for me to make friends at my new school and I didn't know how to deal with it. I felt alone and I started to get sad. I remember how I had stumbled upon an account called @fantaseas (I don't think it exists anymore) and I saw how the owner (I think his name was Kyle) was able to get support and vent to his followers and how he was also able to help them with their problems. I liked the idea of a support system and thought I should try making an account similar.

What is your most pronounced characteristic?
Physically, I would say how short I am lol. As it pertains to my personality, I would say my sarcasm and dark, dry humour.

Where would you like to live?
I don't want to live anywhere permanently. I want to be able to travel frequently.

What is your dream occupation?
I would love to do anything that would allow me to make a decent living and write. My dream is for someone to pay me to travel the world while I write novels.

What is your greatest indulgence?
Aesthetics.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
I don't think my experiences thus far are comparable to that of any historical figure, so none of them.

Which living person do you most admire?
My mother.

How would you describe your style?
40% casual, 40% artsy/boho and 20% exotic (my parents are from Africa and I like to add that into my outfits sometimes)

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
To know everything. I want to know the truth about everything and everyone. Even if the truth is heartbreaking, I know that I could change myself to fit that truth. i would be happiest if I knew everything.

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?
No, and I don't even want to try. Every year changes so drastically for me and I feel like making a prediction sets up expectations, which will end up in me being disappointed. I just have hope that it will all turn out okay.

What's something you own that you truly cherish?
My spirit.

Any last words for your Instagram followers?
Everything gets better with time. It must be obnoxious to hear that when it feels like you've waited all this time and nothing has changed but trust me, it will.

- as told to @youxthcutlure



Comments