the face behind @harlotrosary

What's your name?
My name is Gaia Rose.

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
I've always been interested in colour and fashion and I think I started this account to curate everything I love about that world have it in one place.

What is your most pronounced characteristic?
Visually, I suppose my style is quite eclectic but my personality wise, I think maybe my sarcasm.

Where would you like to live?
I would love to live in California. It seems cliche, I know, but the art scene looks incredible and the landscape is paradise.

What is your dream occupation?
My dream occupation is to be an artist. I adore film and I've always been interested in making films, but music and fashion are such huge parts of my life that I don't think I could limit myself to just doing one thing.

What is your greatest indulgence?
I would have to say dreaming. I always have my head in the clouds and I suppose that's my biggest indulgence; letting myself live somewhere other than the present. Or maybe coffee.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
That's a tough question. I think I identify most with David Bowie... Most of my life I was perceived as the 'weird kid' and I never really felt like I fit in, but I've always stayed true to myself. I always admired the way he toyed with gender and sexuality in our society. I miss him very much.

Which living person do you most admire?
My biggest inspiration right now is Fletcher Shears. He makes music as 'The Garden' with his twin brother Wyatt, and has his own solo project, Puzzle. He's always had this no-fucks-given attitude. I feel like we share a lot of the same life philosophies, and I admire his music hugely.

How would you describe your style?
I describe my style as colourful and androgynous. My style shifts from day to day but I usually always like to wear bright colours and cigarette pants. I love yellow and I love bold prints.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
My idea of perfect happiness is simply doing what I love with the people I love. I'd love to travel with my friends and make lots of art. That's all.

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?
My life in one year? Probably up in the air. My life right now is quite in limbo, I'd like to learn to figure things out a bit more.

What is something you own that you truly cherish?
I cherish my electric guitar hugely. My guitar is like a portal into another world.

Any last words for your Instagram followers?
Don't be worried if you haven't figured things out yet. Everything takes time. Don't pressure yourself to fit into one category. You are all loved and appreciated beyond words.

- as told to @youxthculture

photos courtesy of @harlotrosary

Comments