the face behind @caringfuckboy

What's your name?
My name is Jaylene.

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
Originally, I made this account for my girlfriend. It was a lot of poetry and photos that reminded me of us, but we broke up. So, I turned it into a 90s themed account because I've always found that era very fascinating.

What is your most pronounced characteristic?
Hmm...people say I have resting bitch face but then when they get to know me, I'm super nice. So, I guess I'm perceived as friendly or bitchy. How well you know me depends on how you characterise me.

Where would you like to live?
I don't see myself staying in one place for too long. I'd love to live in Oregon, Germany, North Carolina, New York City and France. Probably more, honestly.

What is your dream occupation?
I don't have a dream occupation... I guess. Anything that involves travel and cool people sounds good enough to me. It's kind of a cliche but I'd love to marry a musician and tour around with them. I don't necessarily have a dream because I'm too indecisive for that. I feel like after some time I'd just become unhappy.

What is your greatest indulgence?
I suppose my greatest indulgence is listening to music. I don't really have anything that pleases me quite as much as that.

Which historical figure do you most identity with?
I guess I'd have to say Sandro Botticelli. Honestly, I don't know too much about him but I know he displayed whom he loved through his art, and he did it so beautifully and modestly and with a mythological inspiration. I write and it's usually always about someone I love, and I use a lot of Roman mythology inspiration for my writings. I think that's why I identify with him.

Which living person do you most admire?
I definitely have a strong admiration for Courtney Love that I just don't think I could ever kick. She's beautiful, badass, and talented. When I was a thirteen year old girl, I needed someone to understand my anger and it felt like she did.

How would you describe your style?
One minute my style is 90s grunge and the next it's 60s hippie. Usually I just throw something on though because I never have the time to care.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
My idea of perfect happiness is being in a place I can call home with a person I can call home. Companionship and comfort is all I ask for.

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?
In exactly one year I'll probably be doing the same thing, honestly. Working in an ice cream shop, going to school. Not much changes for me but I want things to be different when I move away from home.

What's something you own that you truly cherish?
One thing that I truly cherish is a picture of me and my grandmother that I have taped to my mirror. I miss her.

Any last words for you Instagram followers?
I'd like to say thank you. They've basically allowed me to use this account as my journal and they've never complained. I appreciate that more than they could ever know.

- as told to @youxthculture

photos courtesy of @caringfuckboy

Comments