the face behind @90s.violet

What's your name?
My name's Verity.

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
I made my account originally because I wanted a place to visually store a collection of things I loved, and I thought it would be amazing to have an account of my own where I could show all that I loved, and I had the opportunity to express my feelings and passion.

What is your most pronounced characteristic?
I think maybe my independence. I really love being on my own and undertaking life's tasks by myself, and I think that has a big effect on who I am as a person.

Where would you like to live?
I'd love to live in a city that's always alive. I've got my heart set on Paris at the moment.

What is your dream occupation?
I'd love to be a writer. I think it's an incredibly beautiful and special job where you can write down your emotions and innermost thoughts, and I love how your memories are always stored there, printed on paper. Sadly I don't concentrate in English class enough.

What is your greatest indulgence?
That's so hard. I crave appreciation. I am lucky enough to be surrounded by people who love and support me, but the other week a friend of mine just said to me"Verity, I appreciate you." And it was an incredibly special moment for me, I just love feeling like I have a purpose and I can benefit people's lives.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Massive cliche, but Kurt Cobain. I've been a fan of Nirvana for years and I've devoted much of my life to their music and when I began listening, I felt a huge connection with Kurt. His voice, his emotions, his attitudes. So much of what he said I identify with, and I hold a special place in my heart for him.

Which living person do you most admire?
I admire my Grandma more than anyone. She has been through more than I can possibly imagine and she remains the most compassionate, humble and loving person I know.

How would you describe your style?
My style.. hmm.. Avril Lavigne sk8ter boi meets Courtney Love meets Marilyn Monroe.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being totally at peace. Being in love. Being surrounded by positivity. Knowing that I have a future.

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?
I like to think I'll be happy, and studying and gaining knowledge. By who knows? Life's a roller coaster.

What's something you own that you truly cherish?
I own a dress that my great grandmother gave to my grandmother and then my grandmother gave to my mum and my mum gave to me. It's made of heavy fabric and has intricate gold decoration and is just beautifully vintage. I don't wear it, and the zip is broken, but my grandmother and great grandmother would go to parties in that dress and dance the night away so I feel like it holds some amazing memories.

Any last words for your Instagram followers?
I love you. You guys see an intimate side to me that not many people see, and I receive countless amazing messages daily, and I feel like I've found so many people who truly empathise with me and that's something incredibly special and touching.
Thank you.

- as told to @youxthculture

photos courtesy of @90s.violet

Comments