the face behind @stateof_art


What's your name?
I'm Olivia but everyone calls me Liv.

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
Well I had my personal account like most people and then I made other Instagram accounts with friends and I guess I started this account because it allows me to express myself for myself and lets me connect with people who have the same love for art as I do.

What is your most pronounced characteristic?
Thats hard, maybe being genuine or loyal. If I'm your friend I will always be those two characteristics unless you do me wrong. But I think my most pronounced characteristic is I'm always very passionate, as in, I feel everything very deeply. Love, hate, sadness, whatever it is, I feel it all at once.

Where would you like to live?
I love where I live in Melbourne, Australia, however I could definitely see myself living abroad, maybe in Europe or America for a while but I would always come back to Australia.

What is your dream occupation?
I grew up wanting to be a singer/song writer but I think that was a child fantasy. Now I want to be successful, respected and get up loving what I do, whatever it may be. I also want it to allow me to live comfortably.

What is your greatest indulgence?
The feeling of being loved, people wanting me in their lives and saying they appreciate me is something I'll always crave and is definitely one of my greatest indulgences. Also, rain, if anyone knows me well, they know I seriously love the rain.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
No historical figure comes to mind that I could say I identify with. I don't see myself in any historical person at all.

Which living person do you most admire?
I admire not one person but a type. I admire the type of person who is able to completely be themselves and does not settle for anything they don't deserve. I admire the person is loved and ultimately happy.

How would you describe your style?
Very minimalistic, I grew up a tomboy, a sister between two boys, but I have definitely mixed that laid back, always comfortable style with still being sexy and respected as well.

What is your idea of perfect happiness? 
Gosh, I think being surrounded by people I love, being in love and doing what I love. Basically, love, and definitely being successful and respected as well.

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?
One year I will be in the middle of my final year of highschool, I will be stressed and in hell. However, I think I will hopefully have more of a direction of where I'll be going. I would like to think I'd know myself a bit better too.

What's something you own that you truly cherish?
I appreciate photographs so much, I try to take as many as I can and save as many as I can. I truly cherish memories and I think it just takes me back to whatever time I was at in the photo, whether it be good or bad, it lets me cherish and feel it again.

Any last words for your Instagram followers?
I really love my followers, I know that is very cliche but they see a part of me not many people see. A side that I tend to close off to others because it leaves me vulnerable. Whenever a follower says a post resonates with them, it brings me so much joy. I also want them to know they are always welcome to talk to me and confide in me in whatever, whenever.

- as told to @youxthculture

photos courtesy of @stateof_art

Comments