the face behind @carolelsden


What is your name? 
Carol Elsden.

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
I don't know, loneliness maybe. Usually when I'm feeling disconnected, sad or lonely, I'll use Instagram as a way of expressing myself. Sometimes it helps. Sometimes it can make me feel even more disconnected. Either way, I love it! I feel like my Instagram feed is a personal mood board.

What is your most pronounced characteristic?
I feel like I can be quite mysterious at times. Very loving too. I also know that I'm emotionally unstable and sometimes I feel like I'm mentally unstable as well. It does scare me a little, but I think I've learnt to embrace that side of me.

Where would you like to live?
Anywhere that's warm, I really don't like the cold. I'm living in Sydney at the moment and I love it here but I also feel quite drawn to LA.

What is your dream occupation?
Actress or filmmaker.

What is your greatest indulgence?
Cinema! Or Lana Del Rey.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
This might sound cliche, but Marilyn Monroe. I just feel a connection with her, sometimes I completely feel what she went through.

Which living person do you most admire?
Julie Andrews. She has this certain kind of radiance within and it really shines through. I think I've spoken about her on Instagram, and how much I admire her elegance and hope to be like her someday in that aspect.

How would you describe your style?

Diverse.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I think my idea of perfect happiness is just being at peace with myself, also living my life with a sense of purpose but not longing for anything more than I already have.

- as told to @youxthculture





photos courtesy of @carolelsden

Comments