the face behind @boys.melb

What's your name? 
Ed.

What made you venture into the Instagram world with this account?
I don't know actually, I guess it was a way for me to express my ideas in quite an easy way. I also use it for inspiration and to keep track of ideas for when I'm designing stuff.

What's your most pronounced characteristic? 
Hmm, probably being tall.

Where would you like to live?
A 60s/70s house in the Californian desert or an 80s apartment in New York.

What is your dream occupation?
I just want to work for myself and be creative at the same time, which is pretty much what I'm doing now but on a much bigger scale. Being able to travel for work would be cool too.

What is your greatest indulgence?
Dinners out and travelling.

Which historical figure do you most identity with?
I don't know, I feel like I haven't accomplished enough to identify with anyone significant.

Which living person do you most admire?
I admire Yung Lean as stupid as it sounds. He's accomplished so much in such a small amount of time.

How would you describe your style? 
Simple. I mainly wear Cav Empt, Raf and just blank basics. My go to is just a square fitting white tee, Cav Empt pants and my Raf Simons Stan Smiths.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being successful enough to have complete freedom in what I do. Whether it is designing clothes or helping other artists, I don't mind but so far when I've been my happiest it has been after a successful project.

Can you make a prediction about your life in exactly one year?
I will have opened our first store for my brand "BOYS", we would have just released our second collection, I'd hope to be traveling alot, connecting with other creatives and helping start-up brands get going.

What's something you own that you're truly cherish?
Spotify premium.

Any last words for your Instagram followers?
Thank you. New tees coming soon.

- as told to @youxthculture

 
photos courtesy of @boys.melb and boysmelbourne.com 


Comments